Latest news: This week we moved to new bigger offices! We also hired a new guy to work on the level creation, his most recent project was PS3 game Dead Nation :)
Let's get started with a brand new level editor screenshot. Tim made lots of tweaks and the pits are a new tile type:
Placeholder tile art by Heikki Repo
Kimmo and Tuomas added support for multiple simultaneous bosses. It means we can spawn five zombie Jerry Gores at once if we so desire!
Some of the remaining issues on zombie bosses:
1. They're still too deadly even though they already have a decreased ammo speed. Their accuracy needs to be decreased.
2. There's a few annoying situations where the bosses walk through each other.
3. Health bar height is not calculating correctly for some bosses - the reason is unknown at the moment.
4. Perhaps all of them could be scaled a bit bigger to make them even more menacing.
5. Spawn animations missing.
Grandpa & Grandma weren't quite as scary when they were alive!
Another thing Kimmo improved is collision physics: it works much better now when you bump into obstacles. In one of those old zombie level videos there is a vibrating camera motion when the player character is walking against the wall. After the fix it doesn't do that anymore.
DISCLAIMER: There's no release dates for any of this stuff. The best thing I can do is keep you updated on what's happening.